October 13, 2011

Clinique Sun Body Cream

Last weekend we ventured off on a mini day trip to La Paz, Mexico. Jet Skiing, swimming, and sun bathing with an icy piña colada is perfection. In fact, I was so happy to have had the chance to try out my new sun cream that I had bought there. Truth is, days when I buy beauty/skin care products always end up being good days. *Wink. I purchased the Clinique Sun SPF 50 Body Cream. I was a little discouraged because the lady at the counter wouldn't let me test anything before it was purchased. *Thought "What kind of department store is this?" Now here is my opinion on the product. First, a couple photos to get a visual for my thoughts.







Price > $21.00
Packaging > Very clean and simple. Sunshine yellow squeeze tube with plastic pop top.
Amount > 5 oz of Sun Cream
Product > White creamy lotion. No scent. Non- greasy. Dries to a matte finish within 2 minutes.

Does it really do justice?
I believe it does. I love that it feels fresh and matte on the skin and not greasy. One thing I cannot stand is greasy, smelly, and thick sun cream. I would also feel comfortable applying this on the face for that fact. With my experience, it protected me from the sun for over 4 hours and was then reapplied after I had been swimming in the water. No sun burn here just happy skin.

What does the company say about this product?
Innovative SolarSmart technology stabilizes high-level protection against the aging and burning effects of UVA and UVB rays. Triggers a repair that helps prevent signs of aging. Shields skin against environmental aggressors with an antioxidant boost. Gentle enough for sensitive skins. Dermatologist tested. Oil-free. For all skin types.

What sun cream do you reach for?

..... I know that we have hit fall and in some places it pours down rain and no sunshine in sight. But it is always important to protect our skin rain or shine. With that I'll leave you with my delicious piña colada. Salud.

No comments:

Post a Comment