October 3, 2011

Staple Products of September

In August I had purchased many new beauty products that I was dying to try and by some sort of luck(my addiction to reading product reviews) I am pleased with each purchase. I am sharing seven products that have been my everyday staples.



1. Naked Palette by Urban Decay:
 I reach for this eyeshadow palette every day. I can go from a Neutral Nancy look during the daytime to a Smokey Sandra for a hot date night out. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and I love the fact that you have the option of glitters or mattes.
2. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in 002 Light:
 On days when I don't feel like wearing a face full of makeup I seek out this BadBoy to cover my blemishes and clean up my under eye area. It is very creamy when applied and dries to a nice matte finish. It stays on throughout the day(hot sweaty weather) and I really love that it applies how a lip stick would. No brush needed.
3. Maybelline Fitme Foundation in 120 Classic Ivory:
 I always apply this with a clean wet sponge and blend on my face. It leaves a dewy finish to the skin and is build-able. I do like the scent(fresh) it has and my skin looks healthy and non-cakey after one application. It blends beautifully and matches the skin tone. In the swatch it seems very fruity orange! But trust me! It will not be that color when blended into the skin.
4. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Coconut Lime:
 My skin loves me after I use this product. Dead and flaky skin adios! The smell is divine. I apply this before I shave my legs so I can get rid of all that nasty stuff and have a good soft surface to start. My skin literally feels like my 3 year old niece's skin afterwards. Soft and smelling like a tropical drink. The amazing thing about Tree Hut products is that they can be found at Ross for $2.99-$7.99. Deals!
5. Elf Powder Brush:
 Black, sleek, and dense. I use this brush to press on a light layer of powder after my foundation. This brush it only $3 at Target or online. I have not found it to shed and I really love the look(classy) of it. I have read and heard others saying they love it for applying foundation. How can you beat that price for such a durable brush to have in your makeup bag?
6. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yogurt:
 Creamy, soft coral/pink/rose-gold shimmer crayola crayon for your face. I like to apply it on my eyelids and blend it out with my fingers. This color could suit all skin tones very nicely. Using this product by itself really makes my eye color pop. Staying power and creasing power are good when applied over an eye shadow primer.
7. Wet n Wild Blusher in 831E Pearlescent Pink:
 I think this is pretty close to be a dupe for Super Orgasm blush by NARS but with less glitter and at a fraction of the cost. Pinky/Coral color for a fresh, young flush on the apples of your cheeks. Pigmented for sure. One sweep could cover both cheeks with how far this product goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment